There are so many tomatoes and market right now and we never get tired of creating recipes with them! This warm summer dish pairs wonderfully with a roasted market chicken from one of our meat vendors.
1 medium-large onion from Barking Dog Farm
1/4 cup olive oil
Freshly ground black pepper
Variety of seasonal small tomatoes from market, sliced
6-7 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
Fresh basil leaves from In Good Heart Farm
1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
pinch of brown sugar
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Cut onion into thin wedges. Place in baking dish and drizzle with olive oil. Roast in preheated oven for 30 minutes.
3. Place feta into baking dish and drizzle with olive oil. Place tomato slices in a layer over the feta. Scatter remaining smaller tomatoes around the pan. Give on final drizzle of olive oil and add freshly ground pepper. Return to the oven and roast for another 30-45 minutes.
4. While your dish is roasting, in a small saucepan add balsamic vinegar and brown sugar. Bring to a boil over medium heat and then lower the heat and simmer until reduced by half. Set aside. Allow to cool for five minutes.
5. Pull dish out of oven, sprinkle with fresh basil leaves, a bit of salt and drizzle with the reduced balsamic. Serve warm and enjoy!