Who says salads have can’t have melon in them?! This salad makes a cool treat for those hot summer days. The best part? Kids love it too!
2 medium cucumbers, peeled, seeded and cut in 1 inch wedges
1 clove garlic, peeled and halved from Doge Farm
Half a cantaloupe, seeded, cut in 1 inch wedges from Jones Farm
1/4 cup of mint leaves, torn from Redbud Farm, Certified Organic
1 tablespoon white wine vinegar or lime
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
1/4 cup young sheep’s cheese
1. Sprinkle the cucumber with salt, roll up the pieces in a double thickness of paper towel and let rest in the refrigerator for 30 minutes. Unwrap and pat dry.
2. Rub a serving bowl with the garlic.
3. Add the cucumber, melon, mint, vinegar, olive oil. Gently combine.
4. Add additional seasonings to taste, if needed.
5. Serve topped with crumbled cheese.