Winter Veggie Wrap with Sunflower Shoots
Get through the final dreary weeks of winter with this delicious and colorful recipe from Open Door Farm. Try it with a variety of their microgreens as well as grown-up greens from other WWFM vendors. The roots, cheese and hummus are available at market too!
Makes one wrap
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
1 tablespoon dijon mustard
Salt and pepper to taste
1/2 cup sunflower shoots (or sub other micro and regular greens)
1/2 cup spinach or baby kale
1/4 cup shredded carrots
1/4 cup shredded beets
1 (12in) whole wheat wrap
2-3 tablespoons hummus
2 tablespoons sunflower seeds
2 tablespoons fresh, local goat cheese
1. Prepare the dressing by whisking together the olive oil, vinegar, dijon mustard, salt and pepper.
2. Place the sunflower shoots, shredded carrots, spinach or kale and beets in a bowl and toss with dressing.
3. Spread the hummus on the whole wrap and add veggies.
4. Top with sunflower seeds and goat cheese.
5. Roll the wrap to securely enclose contents.