Have you been wondering what to do with all of the greens that have recently appeared at market? Look no further, Chef Stacey Sprenz has created a wonderful glazed greens recipe. The best part is, all of the ingredients can be purchased in one spot, Western Wake Farmer’s Market. Stacey is using kale in this recipe, but don’t leave out the rest of your winter greens. Spinach, collards and chard can also be used.
1 bunch kale
2 cloves garlic
2 tbs. olive oil
1 tbs. red pepper jelly
salt and pepper
1. Rinse and remove the spine from each kale leaf. Chop the kale into bit size pieces by laying each leaf on top of the other, cutting in half lengthwise, then rotating 90 degrees and slicing.
2. Peel the garlic cloves and slice into thin pieces.
3. Place the olive oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Once oil is hot, add garlic.
4. Allow the garlic to sauté for about 1 minute, and then add the kale.
5. Sauté the kale and garlic for about 5 minutes or until the kale has wilted. Keep moving the mixture around in the pan to prevent burning.
6. Remove from the heat and add the red pepper jelly, salt, and pepper.