Jennifer Singh from Nutritionally Balanced Kitchen came to market at the perfect time! Using fresh corn, local tomatoes and local peaches she created this delicious summer salad! If you missed her chef demo, give this recipe a try. You will love it!
1 ears fresh corn, shucked*
4 ripe heirloom tomatoes, a variety of colors (about 2 pounds)
4 large ripe peaches (1 1/2-2 pounds)
1/3 cup thinly sliced red onion or shallot
1/4 tsp sea salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
1/4 cup basil leaves, thinly sliced (can substitute mint)
1 Tbsp olive oil
1/2 cup feta, crumbled
- Using a sharp knife, slice corn kernels off the cob.
- Core tomatoes and pit peaches. Slice both into like-size wedges. Place in large bowl with onion slivers and corn kernels. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add olive oil and sliced basil leaves. Toss to combine.
- Distribute salad among four plates. Crumble feta over each serving. Drizzle some dressing left in bottom of bowl over each plate.
* You can use raw or cooked corn. It is perfectly safe to eat raw corn in small quantities, such as the amount in this salad. Large quantities may be too much fiber for some people’s digestive systems.