Incorporate cool-season collard greens into your next pasta dish!
Recipe from NY Times Cooking
1 bunch collard greens, washed and stemmed
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 medium red onion, thinly sliced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
Salt to taste
Black pepper to taste
1-2 ounces Parmesan to taste
1. Blanch collards in salt water for 2 minutes.
2. Remove excess water from leaves and julienne to desired length.
3. In separate pan, heat olive oil and onion until translucent then add garlic, pepper flakes and salt. Cook until fragrant, about 1 minute.
4. Add collards to pan and simmer for 5 minutes.
5. Add another 1/2 cup water and simmer another 5-10 minutes.
6. Add to al dente pasta and enjoy!
Gluten-free pasta can always be substituted, making this a hearty meal free of common allergens!